#SunflowersOfSoNo Sunflower Grow-Along
Join Red Kite Plants for a FREE sunflower grow along for South Norwood residents!
🌻Sunflowers are fantastic for wildlife. They're a great nectar source for many pollinators, and the birds love the seeds at the end of the season. I'd love to see South Norwood filled with happy sunflowers come summertime, will you join me?!
🌻Comment on Instagram for why you want to join in, DM me your name & address and I'll drop some seeds your way!
Follow me on Instagram @redkiteplants for tips and to share your progress with the hashtag #sunflowersofsono
🌻PLUS anyone who joins in and signs up to emails (link in bio) will be entered into a prize draw to win a FREE Summer window box planter!
🌻So, what are you waiting for? Let's fill our community with happy sunflowers, helping the bees and putting a smile on neighbours faces.
🌻You'll get 5 sunflower seeds, a name label and a how-to guide.
🌻Limited stock available, first come first served.
Available to SE25 postcodes only, 1 per household, all ages welcome!
Lost your how to guide? No worries! See below:
- Fill a small pot (5-9cm) with compost
- Push your seed into the compost about 2cm deep. (2 seeds per pot max) pointy end down
- Water it
- Pop it on a sunny window sill & keep it moist (not wet!)
- Once your plant is about 15-20cm tall, it's time to plant it outside (or into a bigger pot)
- Tie in a cane/stick to support the stem
- Name it and talk to it - it helps!
- Follow @redkiteplants on Instagram for tips along the way & share your photos using #sunflowersofsono & tag us in @redkiteplants